Some delicious recipes to get you started on a plant-based life.
How to Make a Kale Salad
- Wash and dry the kale.
- Remove the stems and tear leaves into small pieces.
- Drizzle with olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt.
- Massage the leaves until they are soft and tender.
5 Different Ways to Build Your Salad:
- carrot ribbons + sliced cucumbers + basil or mint + scoop of hummus + hemp seeds
- toasted almonds + thinly sliced carrots + diced tomatoes + scoop of quinoa
- roasted winter squash + dried cranberries + chopped almonds + apple cider vinegar
- thinly sliced fennel + roasted chickpeas with garlic + Dijon mustard + pine nuts
- chili-roasted sweet potato cubes + diced avocado + black beans + roasted pepitas
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
This is a great way to start each day! It can be made the night before, or up to 4 days ahead of time.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened milk of choice (almond or soy so far have been good)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 0-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
1. Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Spoon into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
2. Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating
Dark Chocolate Pudding
A sweet little treat for those chocolate cravings.
- 3 ounces, semisweet chocolate chips (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- maple syrup, if needed, to taste
- raspberries (or sub another seasonal fruit)
1. Place chocolate chips into a small pan, cover, and cook on low heat. Allow 5 minutes for chocolate to melt stirring occasionally.
2. Place tofu, vanilla, melted chocolate chips, and nondairy milk mixture into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator or 30 minutes in the freezer. Serve raspberries on top of the pudding.